Friday, April 2, 2010

Early Morning Walk in the Don Valley

In a never-ending attempt to do something different than what I've done before I thought I'd simply post a sampling of the shots I got just this very morning in the Don Valley. These were taken in the space of a little over an hour. Are they the best images in the world? Nope. But it just goes to show what you can find if you get out there. I recently saw an article on canada.com which said there's no wildlife in the Don Valley. Thankfully the wildlife doesn't read canada.com. Oh, who am I kidding...no one reads canada.com!

If you're wondering: we have here the first goldfinch of the season (for me), a female red-wing blackbird, two Canada geese, a robin, a red-tailed hawk (in wings up and down configuration!), and a close-up of a Downy woodpecker tucked in the nook of a tree.

goldfinch, Toronto photographer Robert Rafton
Female Red-winged blackbird, Toronto photographer Robert Rafton
Two Canada geese swimming, Toronto photographer Robert Rafton
Robin, Toronto photographer Robert Rafton
Two views of hawk in flight, Toronto photographer Robert Rafton
Downy woodpecker, Toronto photographer Robert Rafton
Happy Easter!!!