Saturday, December 25, 2010

Rudolph!!

Deer in river, Toronto photographer Robert Rafton
This is him all right, after a long night's work, prosthetic nose back in place, relaxing a little in Santa's massive new multi-billion dollar terrarium facility, which I'm sad to say was financed in part with taxpayer money.

Okay, now that I've written an almost kid-friendly first paragraph, I'll reveal that this was actually taken at Petticoat Creek Conservation Area. This is quite a small park, but size doesn't matter. I've said it before, just by perusing a map for spots near the lake or a river you can find many potential wildlife goldmines. That's how I found Petticoat Creek and to see for yourself here's a satellite image of the very spot where this picture was taken. Note the pedestrian bridge at right which gave me a vantage point to get this high angle shot.

I have yet to see the Abominable Snowman in the city but invite you to invent your own Rob Ford joke.

Merry Christmas!